Syphon Coffee Addiction

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hidden in the city of San Gabriel, there is a little coffee shop that is quite enchanting. With little knick knacks of random decorations hung and placed all around the shop, its almost like visiting your favorite grandma in a cute cottage home. This is where Ginger get his daily dosage of coffee addiction and I seldom come as well. I really enjoy the environment and vibe this place has. Local hangout place for all ages who loves coffee or even freshly squeeze fruit juice. Locals sip their coffee with the morning newspaper, regulars would stay for hours to work on their term paper. Fresh Roast really makes you feel at home.

pictures taken from Yelp


Even an hour before he has to go to a banquet he decides to call me up and ask if I like to join him with a cup of coffee. Ginger looking all POSH! Like his cousin said he's the missing F4! LOL!

Somehow I find myself taking a bazillion pictures of him and he only takes one of me. Yet I can't complain he takes really good pictures. =] I felt pretty tired that day, no make up or hair. A beanie really helps when your hair looks like a Halloween drag queen. We sat here patiently waiting for our coffee, doing a little chick chat, and camwhoring.


Ginger sports Hello Kitty! I helped him picked it out since he needed some GLAM in his phone.

The main attraction is this science experiment, aka syphon coffee or vacuum coffee maker. This is quite unusual for me as well, but since Ginger has been raving about syphon coffee to me day in and day out I had to go and experience this myself. It amazes me how this device works and how it can brew coffee using this upside down vacuum concept. I had the Columbian bean and he had the Ethiopian bean coffee. It was quite nice to have two different beans in syphons so we can compare the two beans a like. Ginger can drink it straight black coffee since he's been slowly weeing off on sugar and milk. But I still needed to add a little bit of milk and sugar in mine, since I'm not a hardcore drinker like him. I still openly tried both coffee without milk and sugar to its raw form and I could really taste the difference! These coffee are not your regular cup of joe so they can cost a little pricey but well worth a try!

About:
Syphon brews coffee using two chambers where vapor pressure and vacuum produce coffee which is clean, crisp, rich, and smooth compared to other brewing methods. This type of coffee maker is also known as vac pot, siphon or syphon coffee maker, and was invented by Loeff of Berlin in the 1830s. These devices have since been used for more than a century in many parts of the world. Design and composition of the vacuum coffee maker varies. Taken by Wiki
Workings:
The principle of a vacuum coffee maker is to heat water in the lower vessel of the brewer until expansion forces the contents through a narrow tube into an upper vessel containing coffee grounds. When the lower vessel has more or less emptied itself and enough time has elapsed, the heat is removed and the resulting vacuum will draw the brewed coffee through a strainer back into the lower chamber from which it can be decanted. The device must usually be taken apart to pour out the coffee. Taken by Wiki

Feast! Like I said, this is not your regular cup of joe. The caffeine in this is insane. After sipping on this for 10 minutes my heart was pumping and I felt so energized and uplifted. Mainly I went on a coffee high feeling content. I never thought coffee can make you feel that way but I love it. After finishing up my cup of joe, I try to drink water.... and it tasted SWEET! Funny how it changes my taste buds. Gahhh! I just hope I won't become an regular here. I already have too many addictions in my life.

Overall, If you want to experience something beyond Starbucks. Go to Fresh Roast they will serve you the right kind of coffee without the green straws and the fake mocha double shot frappuccino stuff.

Man, frappuccino is not even a word in the dictionary... Starbucks made that up!

Taken from Yelp.

They will also serve you kitty lattes made by their cute and friendly staff. =]

No advertisement here, I just love your coffee shop. My 2 cents.

I hope Ginger won't get mad that I have expose his secret garden. =P

2 comments:

Tramadol Addiction said...

this log is gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

Anonymous said...

Theгe iѕ no one way will wοrk for you the businesѕ enԁ-сonѕumeг.
In 1972, my business parents -- evеrуone but myself.
First and foremoѕt, you need to present your on раper.

Whеre to Get ΤraіnedAll thiѕ ѕtuff is сomρletely uѕеleѕs
if you don't charge your potential sellers for these items. Always be willing to maintain a positive impression on your clients and executives. The concerns are real.

Look at my weblog; ecommerce internet marketing

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?

Disqus

blog comments powered by Disqus
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com